Friday, 23 September 2016

Lifetime underachievement award # 16. (1992).

In my late teens I made a couple of faltering attempts at playing music with other people but it wasn't until I was about thirty that I plucked up the courage to try again. As I had few friends, and none of those musical, I answered an ad in Loot magazine. One of these resulted in me playing with a covers band which would rehearse ad infinitum in the drummer's Hither Green council flat.
There was never a serious intention to gig live but it was fun, and useful experience. I'd get the train down to Hither Green for rehearsals. One time I bumped into Mark the drummer at the station. He was running late and was on his way home. He'd been eating some sort of pie. His face was covered in flaky pastry debris.

No comments:

Post a Comment